Saturday, September 26, 2009

About Me - Blog Series Introduction

Those of you actually visiting my blog on Blogger and not just reading it through Google Reader (5 subscribers so far!) or some other feed reader may have noticed that my About Me entry consists of 13 short sentence fragments, many of which are only one descriptive word, sorted alphabetically. In general terms, these 13 statements are the societal labels that I most identify with.

I created this About Me list when I first joined Facebook two years ago, and have rarely had to change it since, because these are for the most part defining statements about who I am and will probably always be. My "children" have changed over time, an "Ex" had to recently be added to "Husband," and "Homebrewer" was the most recent addition. Everything else is very static. I am very static.

My plan for the next month is to do a couple of posts every week about what each of these labels means to me. Some of these posts will be extremely long (hint: A, H, S). Some of these posts will feature the geekiest content on this blog yet and will include some embarrassing revelations (T, X). Some statements overlap or are largely redundant, so will be combined in posts (B & W, G & N). And a couple of the topics will make extremely uninteresting posts, so I'll keep those short (CS, EE).

Thanks in advance for reading all of them!

Edited to add links:
About Me - Atheist
About Me - Ex-husband and Father
About Me - Homebrewer
About Me - Singer-songwriter
About Me - Computer Scientist and Electrical Engineer
About Me - Geek and Nerd
About Me - Browncoat and Whedonite
About Me - Skeptic

No comments:

Post a Comment